1. How do I place an order?
A. Just click on the data base search you want, type the information requested, click submit, enter your credit card information and your results should arrive within 1-3 hours unless additional handling is required.
2. When should I expect my search to be complete?
A. Within 1-3 hours unless additional handling is required.
3. Once I have faxed my documents when do I expect to receive my search results?
A. Within 1-3 hours. Some searches requiring faxed documents require 1-3 days processing.
4. Once I place an order, can I get a refund?
A. No. Once your order is placed there are no refunds unless our web site is down and we are unable to fulfill your order.
5. If I obtain information from your website about myself and the information is incorrect, how can I correct it?
A. We obtain information from multiple database sources with billions of records, some of which may be incorrect. Any information we obtain comes from 3rd party sources and not US Background Search. You must contact the source of the information to correct any wrong information. We have no control or the ability to correct any information obtained from 3rd party sources. It's nearly impossible to remove oneself from online data sources.
6. How does my information about me get into these data bases?
A. All information found using US Background Search comes from public record databases.
That means information collected by the government, such as court records, county records, credit bureaus becomes public when you file a change of address from with the U.S. Post Office or buy a new house. More times than not, it's individuals who put their own information into the public domain without realizing it.
7. Can I request a database search on anyone?
A. Yes, but you need a permissible purpose as to why you are requesting the search for certain searches.
8. Where does US Background Search get it's data?
A. We access multiple database sources with billions of records to get the information searched for.
9. What information do I need to get from candidates in order to run a background check?
A. At minimum, just click on the search you want and enter the information required.
10. Once I place an order how do I get my results?
A. You will be contacted within 1-3 hours by phone.
11. Can I order multiple searches at the same time and receive volume discount?
A. Yes, you can, just click on "Contact Us,' enter your name and phone number and someone will contact you shortly.
12. What type of services do you offer?
A. Click on 'Database Search" to review all of the searches we can do.
13. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to email us and someone will get back to you within 1-3 hours.